|I'm not Christian either, but I am practising a religion and I don't blaspheme. People take God's name in vain, in various permutations, all the time, you just have to get used to it. I generally don't object, but I will protest if someone is attacking or aggressively mocking a religion (any religion, not just mine), by which I mean malicious attack rather than valid critique. I've noticed that a lot of people will only defend their own religion, oddly enough.|
Consistent homophobia gets you banned, consistent racism gets you banned, holocaust denial gets you banned, anti-Semitism ought to get you banned, but usually goes hand-in-hand with Holocaust denial. Path bashing? Neither banned nor deleted, usually. I think one would have to expand on what makes a post vile, and what vileness, specifically, entitles one to do to it.
Two points. I'd add Christianophobia, Islamophobia and general religious intolerance to that list. The point is when abuse rather than reasonable crit, as xk said.
Secondly, I have no idea what the history on this forum is, but anti-Semitism does not usually go hand-in-hand with Holocaust denial in my experience. This is because anti-Semitism is far more common than Holocaust denial, which is the extreme end of the spectrum. This is the model of anti-Semitism that I have encountered about 90% of the time, the other 10% usually being evangelicals who helpfully tell me that I'm going to hell.
1) Israel does some things which are bad.
2) The whole of Israel is responsible for this, and everyone who lives there.
3) Everyone who supports Israel's right to exist therefore supports oppression of the Palestinians etc. (the word "fascist" generally appears at this stage).
4) Jews support Israel.
5) All Jews are fascists, racists, acting like the Nazis, committing genocide and so on.
I hope I don't have to point out the flaws in reasoning here. I agree with the first point, but past that I don't: it would be like blaming everyone in the UK for the things our government does which aren't good. The difference is that Israel is in a bloody awkward situation (which still doesn't excuse a lot of stuff, but does excuse some), frequently at war or close to war, and it's under a spotlight and suffers from fairly negative media bias. Anyway, I don't want to turn this into an Israel discussion, it's actually the main reason I stay out of them in the first place. For instance, if I simply mention that I have family in Israel I am frequently attacked just for that (and damn it, one of my cousins is actually a conscientious objector and the other devotes her time to disability rights). Not everyone gets as far as calling Jews Nazis, but plenty do, and a huge number more get to the other points on that list. Simply stating that you are Jewish can be enough to prompt a great deal of hostility. I'm a lot more nervous about mentioning that I'm Jewish than mentioning that I'm queer, to give you some perspective.